Monday, October 17, 2011

Menu Plan Monday: Hubby's Request!

Yesterday I ate a whole jar of "store home made" minestrone soup for lunch myself (about 3 bowls worth). It was quite delicious so I mentioned to Chris that we should do homemade minestrone as it's gotta be quite easy to make. His response? Minestrone is boring - it's like the fast food of soups. :) Well then! But his follow-up suggestion was kind of awesome. He said, why don't we do a chicken curry soup? Hello yummy - I'm in!!

I've also been wanting to make a batch of "sarma" (Croatian cabbage rolls) for awhile. Sarma's a whole afternoon affair so I'll need someone to watch li'l daughts during the process. I'm thinking Saturday for this one. And if I'm feeling ambitious, we might get a recipe post out of this one! :)

Back to linking up with orgjunkie this week!


Monday:
BBQ chicken (from Sobey's)
Caprese salad

Tuesday:
Coconut-Curry Chicken Soup (using the broth from the BBQ chicken)

Wednesday:
Spinach and Mushroom Pasta Bake

Thursday:
Broiled salmon (need to decide on flavour combo)
Veg (broccoli or asparagus?)
Pasta salad (I'll grab some from Erb's, the discount foot outlet down the road)

Friday:
Curling - off dinner duty! :)

Saturday:
Sarma - recipe to follow!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment