Monday, May 23, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

It's been three weeks since my first MPM post and I haven't planned a weekly menu since, however I have some good excuses! Two weeks ago we were all sick and last week Chris was in Toronto two days in a row so it didn't really make sense to drum up a full menu (though I did make a spicy vegetable stew with dhal one night, which turned out delicious despite the fact that my stepfather mistakenly poured the split pea mixture into the stew pot BEFORE they were pureed - oops!)

This week I'm back in the saddle and looking forward to trying out some new recipes!

*******************************************

Monday:
Chicken fingers w/ buffalo sauce, spicy fries & peas
(Since today is Victoria Day, stores weren't open so our weekly shopping was delayed. Sooooo we raided the freezer and pub grubbed it up!)

Tuesday:
Chicken Parmesan over pasta
Spinach salad with almonds and strawberries
(Yes, these two dishes also made an appearance in my last MPM. Admittedly, we didn't get around to the chicken parm that week so it got shuffled forward, whereas we *did* make the spinach salad and it came out so yummy that we're busting it out again!)

Wednesday:
Mexican lasagna
Avocado salsa w/ tortilla chips
How good do THESE sound?!??!?!?!?!? Very much looking forward to this particular meal!

Thursday:
Spinach, mushroom and ham quiche
I've never made quiche before, so this'll be a bit of an adventure! Though I'm going to cut out the hard part and buy a pre-made shell for my first attempt. (Baby steps. Plus, y'know, actually owning a quiche/pie pan is kind of important if you want to make this sorta thing from scratch.)

Friday:
Dinner/movie date night with Chris, IF he's feeling better (he has a minor day surgery on Thursday) AND we can find someone to stay w/ S.
If not, leftovers! (there should be lots)

On a related note...

*******************************************

2 comments:

  1. i have yet to try this approach but i am deff willing to start!
    ~ Moms Couponing Madness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend it - saves time, money and sanity! ;) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete