This week's list:
- Doable Diapers for explaining that order is indeed important when it comes to stuffing your pocket diapers! A simple article, but one that made me go "Ahhhhh - good to know! And I thought I knew everything about CDing!" (yeah right)
- Simple Organic for inspiring me to go screen-free for a week later this month (or at least limit screen time, because let's be realistic here :). The article links to some great resources containing dozens of ideas for spending fun, creative family time outdoors (or indoors with the TV off when the weather is less than ideal.) Very helpful to me as I'm a researcher and assimilator; not a creator per se!
- A Mommy's Blessings for managing to invoke in me a desire to bake something pastry-esque. This doesn't happen often, but c'mon: sausage, gravy, eggs and cheese - need I say more? (Note - haven't made it yet but am planning for it to be on the menu for Mother's Day Brunch! Will need to do a test run first, of course!)
- Nicki's Diapers (via guest poster Sarah) for a fascinating article on cloth diapering a preemie. Definitely something you don't hear about day to day! Heck, we didn't even CD our sizely newborn daughter until she was almost 2 weeks old (though next time around, assuming there is a next time, I'd like to start from day 1!)
- Growing Up Gamers for laying out 10 "easy" steps (ha!) for teaching board games to kids. As somewhat of a gamer geek myself with fond childhood memories of family board games night, I'm definitely eager to carry on the tradition with our kids! The GUG family obviously knows a thing or two about gaming with kiddos, judging by the loftiness of their board game stash and the fact that their 5 year old knows how to play Settlers of Catan well enough to write a review on it! These guys rule. :)
- Cloth Diaper Blog for some great "how to" info on combining CDing with working outside the home. Yes, as it turns out, the two can happily coexist! This is encouraging since we'll be in this position when I return to work this Fall. The article also links to a CD-friendly daycare directory (CAN/US) which includes a few listings from my area. A great place to start, as CDing will be one of our stipulations when it comes to finding a childcare provider. On a related note, I also found this article from FuzziBunz on encouraging your daycare provider to cloth diaper your baby. Some excellent tips here!